Each month on this blog, we’re planning to share some recommendations for books, articles, podcasts, TV shows, films, music, and more from grantees, mentors, staff, and other members of the ABF community. Here are our September recommendations.
This month’s book recs come from ABF Trailblazer Colibri.
Courageous and inspiring books that I have loved:
- Copper Sun by Sharon Draper
- Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
- I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika Sánchez
[These novels] are all fantastic stories about women trying to find their place and be empowered.
Check out some of our favorite articles that we shared this summer.
- “Everyone Fails. Here’s How to Pick Yourself Back Up.” by Rachel Simmons (New York Times)
- “Why All Teenagers Need Non-Parent Mentors” by Marilyn Price-Mitchell, Ph.D. (Psychology Today)
- “Biggest Women’s World Cup lesson: Teach girls to be competitive” by Mercedes Carnethon (Star Tribune)
If you have any media to recommend related to our mission to help girls gain confidence and reach their full potential, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.